World Book Day writing

As part of World Book Day 5B took inspiration from JK Rowling’s Harry Potter books. The young wizard’s search for an injured unicorn is introduced below. Please click on the comments to this post to read the children’s own continuation…

Hagrid escorted the young wizards deep into the Forbidden Forest searching for clues. Melted into a small hollow, he discovered a pool of rich, silvery unicorn blood shimmering in the night.

Realisation slowly crept over Harry’s face – he must search for the mortally injured beast. An excited, yet curdling chill ran down his spine and Harry set off into the hidden depths.

Ayah’s watercolour painting of the scene.

1. bvgabriel says:

Really good painting full of dark gloomy coulours that match the forest perfectly and I love the mist effect in the background.

2. bvgabriel says:

The misty forest was an endless labyrinth off dark ominous trees swaying wildly in the gale. Lightning lit up the forest like 1000 fires burning uncontrollably. This forest is like a recurring nightmare.

3. bvava says:

Whilst exploring the dark, alarming forest the rain from the storm dropped creepily on Harry’s face like nails digging into his flesh. The thunder struck as multiple thoughts popped up in his mind. His head was like a tornado with all the phenomenal ideas in his busy brain.

4. Miss Copeland says:

What a fabulous painting Ayah. I almost feel as if I am right there inside the story!

5. bvpriya says:

Unforgivingly the water of the stream was heavily splashing as the thunder was thrashing noisily in the forest.As the twigs were snapping harsliy covers and blocks Harry at the same time.As he was trying to escape he could ‘nt see because of the fog.

6. bvpriya says:

7. Abdullah says:

hi it’s Abdullah Nauman from Bowker Vale and i left at year 3. ayah this is a very good picture and well done. have a nice day i guess.

8. Mrs Jacques says:

What super writing – and art work! I feel as though I’m there!