Each year, families who are joining our Early Years are invited to a meeting. In preparation for the meeting, I asked the children in assembly what they thought I should share with them.
The children came up with a Top 10 list!
- Our pupils are all amazing – our school community is full of children and families from different cultures
- Our teachers – are fantastic and fun!
- Our curriculum – what we learn is creative and unique (ukelele and iPads mentioned)
- Our school grounds – the best in the city! We have brilliant spaces to play and enjoy learning in our Forest School classrooms
- Assemblies – we celebrate and share
- We develop our Learning Powers and Growth Mindset to become better learners
- School dinner!
- Lots of teams and clubs that do really well and make BV stronger
- Active pupil voice that is listened to – our School Council and Learning Ambassadors are really important to us
- Global citizens – we know what’s going on in the world and we do our bit to celebrate and/or help. We learn about our Human Rights through Unicef’s Rights Respecting Award.